Lighthouse at dusk

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Sorry for not being around much and lack of comments on other threads....much to do and loads of pics to process.
One shot...colours straight from camera. Slight contrast curve, a touch of shadow highlight, desaturated blue a little and resized/sharpened for web. Not sure if it looks level but I'm sure you'll tell me.
18mm
f22
2sec
iso 100

Lighthouse%202.jpg

C&C welcome.
TFL.
Ken.

ok.. on the one hand is is beautiful picture... lovely colours, perfect exposure... but I'm not sure if the whole bottom is important here... ok on the one hand the stones are really nice, but on the other, the bottom is too massive IMO... dunno.. I need to look at it a little bit longer :D

I like it as it is..... maybe even a little off the left side for me..... but great sky/colours..... and the pov is good :thumbup:

mentos_007 said:
but I'm not sure if the whole bottom is important here...
:shock: It's what the Lighthouse stands on ;) :mrgreen: I hear what you are saying, it was just all the lines leading into the center of the pic....Maybe I should have just titled it "The Prom"
Thanks Mentos_007.
Ken.

I like it, maybe I would trim just a small amount from the right hand side, but I love the way the lines lead me to the light house.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Very nice shot. You are correct, the photo looks to lean to the left. I verified this simply by holding a piece of paper aligned to the right. Sky can be seen at the left between the square edge of the paper and the horizon.

In an unrelated discipline it is my experience that 'most' people can tell by observance that an object/line is off level somewhere in between 1/16 and 1/32 of an inch. I'm not sure but this breaks somewhere (I think) around 1 degree. Rotating the canvas one degree clockwise would take care of the problem. The reason I'm saying this is that if you think it is out of square, than chances are it is. A good thing at (least for me) to keep in mind if you do not like rotating images and cropping square even in the slightest. Best to think of this and shoot it square.

The blur on the bottom left strikes me as strange. I like the sharpening effect.

Nice shot! I dont think it needs to be cropped, but maybe straightening it a little...

Most reactions

Back