Lighthouse on the Hudson.

TJNY

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lighthouse on the Hudson River in Tarrytown, N.Y.

I have attached the the wider original.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Looks like a cool spot. I'd like to see more of the scene. I'm not too keen on the framing here.

There was a small steel bridge to the lower left. I overcropped mot likely. I will try to find the original......

Cool lighthouse, I get the feeling though that it's about to fall out of the picture. A little to close to the edge. Looks like a great place though! :)

Here is the "almost" original. There is an unsightly (to me) foot bridge that was in the lower portion of the pic that I removed. Why? Because I wanted to! :sexywink:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 145
It's a nice subject and sky, but I think the overcropping magnified the image noise, too.

That might be an Instagram upload which may have done that to the op pic I selected. Or it may just be the noise!! LOL!

Are you referring to the first picture or second?

I don't like the composition. To me, it's just "the tip of the lighthouse" it doesn't really give me the sense of a light house. Maybe a wider shot showing the lighthouse and the shore. I think it's worth a reshoot if you ever get a chance!

I like the photo in post #5 better. I love lighthouses; you had nice weather too!

Esselle, I love when people read the entire thread!:lol:
Thanks for looking and the c&c. I will throw the other shot in the OP.

I don't like the composition. To me, it's just "the tip of the lighthouse" it doesn't really give me the sense of a light house. Maybe a wider shot showing the lighthouse and the shore. I think it's worth a reshoot if you ever get a chance!

I added the original. I have shot that location several times. I will add some more at another time. Thanks for looking and the C&C!!

I like the full original shot best. It looks like it could be turned into one of those posters with inspirational words in the upper right side.

Most reactions

Back