Lighting A Vehicle Interior

ElizaMM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think it would be interesting to photograph a professional driver on the job, but I'm unsure as to how to light the vehicle interior with a speedlight. Has anyone tried this?

Not difficult; 2-3 speedlights, remote triggers and a little adjustment to get the output levels right. One in the back bouncing off the ceiling for fill; one either on the hood (daytime shot) or gauge cluster w/ couple of cuts of CTG (simulated night shot) as key, and sometimes one more depending on the interior configuration of the vehicle, ie race car or OTR tractor...

I have only one speedlight, so I think I will try a day-time shot with the light on the hood. Will post a note after I try it.
Thank you for the suggestion.

If you've only got one light, I'd try and split it; put it on the front seat near the driver, aimed up at the ceiling and use a reflector or bounce card to throw some light on his face. Using just one on the hood will make the interior look fairly dark.

I have only one speedlight, so I think I will try a day-time shot with the light on the hood. Will post a note after I try it.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Daytime light (which comes from outside) will probably disappoint you. Also the glare on the windshield.

Most reactions

Back