Lighting equipment

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I need to purchase or rent some lighting equipment for an upcoming shoot and need some help in deciding what I should get. I currently only have a Canon 430 EX on my 20D and will need to shoot some close-ups and macros of high-tech computer mainframes, circuit boards, nodes, etc. for a distributor. The images will be used for a mural in their showroom as well as promotional stuff i.e. website, catalogue, etc. Think Dell catalogue for instance. I am thinking I may need a more than a macro flash. Something to give me a more ambient light without th harsh shadows and glare of direct lights. Thanks for the help.

I would suggest a light tent. To light that, you could use just about any type of lighting (just keep it consistent). A tripod is recommended as you may need small apertures to get a workable DOF.

Thanks Mike, I picked up a small tent kit to use on some of the small item. For mainframes and servers however, I will go with a 580EX II & 430EX slave. Pretty cramped quarters to work around so no large umbrellas or softboxes. Probably just some screens and reflectors.

Most reactions

Back