Lighting Issues

I think, most of the time, I'm my harshest critiquer...I wanted to trash all of them, but I figured the couple wouldn't be too happy...As long as they like them, which they do from the few that I've shown them, I need to just suck it up and deal with it...

Here is a couple examples:[...]
I'm not completely finished going through them in PP yet...
I cant see any problem with these pictures. They arent great in respect to what a model shot could be like. There is no light in the eyes etc. But they are in focus, they have decent lighting, and they have composition.

P.S. your condition is not bad at all. It could be a lot worse. They could be standing in the sun with bad shadows from the tree on their face.

This is very true...I probably would have just packed up my stuff and went home...Well, I would have wanted to at least...

I think they look pretty good considering the time and location. but yeah, waiting till the last minute to ask the important questions hurt you a bit and put you in panic mode. I just shot my first wedding a few weeks ago and I wasn't exactly happy with my photos as well, but if you continue to do this make sure you get with the couple well in advance, get with the place they will be holding the ceremony, the officiant, so you know well in advance what you have to work with. It's a lot less panicky when you go into that situation a month ahead of time and had practiced and planned versus finding out an hour before you start and then freaking out wondering what you can do at the last minute to find a solution.

As was said, the only thing I would have done differently given the circumstances is exposed them a touch more and shot from a slightly lower angle. But these are far from bad for a first wedding. Overall, I'd say you did pretty well given everything.

Now you just get to see how good you are with photoshop. If you really get it right in post, nobody will ever know that you totally freaked because you gaffed your pre planning. I'd say you learned a lot and it would be foolish to let that go to waste by not shooting a wedding again.

Most reactions

Back