Lighting Kit???

Almost looks too good to be true...sorry I don't have any real input, but be wary...unless you have tiger's blood, I don't see any winning...

The light stands don't go high enough, the soft boxes are to small, and they don't even say what size the umbrellas are.

Can you change the modeling lamp/main lamp, or do you have to send the unit in for that to be done?

Moreover, they don't say which speed ring design is used to attach the soft boxes or other light modifiers to the lights.

It is axiomatic that you usually get what you pay for. In other words, a lot of stuff, for a very low price, often means you are buying very low quality gear.

yea it says the lamps can be changed...

is it worth it for someone who wont be using it all that much, at the moment i can't justify spending lots on bowens when i dont even have a studio, will literally just be for gaining abit of experiance in studio style work

This is low-end, Chinese-made stuff. That is why the price is so low. 157 pounds...that much money will pay five Chinese factory workers for a two and a half days. With zero environmental laws, they can just dump the poisonous by-products from the injection-moulded plastic light housings into a nearby lake or stream or river. This is why this Chinese-made photo stuff is so,so cheap. The softboxes are sewn together by 13 year-old girls and boys, who SHOULD BE in school, but hey, China needs WORKERS!!!!!

well wasn't looking at the ethics point of view, i was in the army for 4 1/2 years and im sure ive seen kids allot worse off. at least there not stepping on IED's or being slaugterd for talking to soldiers, And at the end of the day most of the items in our home are made by low paid, ill treated workers.

If this is no good can someone recommend a kit that's not going to give my bank manager a heart attack, I dont need anything fancy, just something to gain experiance with.. like i said i have never worked with studio gear

ok thanks for that subscuck, looks brill.

Most reactions

Back