LIGHTING....NEXT STEP?

BPALMER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
currently shooting with an e510,cant help but feeling that i am lacking as far as flash and/or lighting in general. would like some input as to the next step. most of the pictures i take are outdoors in natural light,but i also am trying to get better as far as kids portraits.
thanks
bp

Start with a flash you can use off camera, get a diffuser and a bounce card and start experimenting. Use your flash outdoors as well. Your photos suddenly start being more than snapshots once you start understanding how your flash works and when to use it.

Have fun.

I am the same with you bp- I also shoot with an E510 and I take natural light portaits most of the time. I have been using the fill in flash for outdoor photos, which have helped but I can't wait to start experimenting with other equipment.
Tammy

maybe i am asking too much,but, is there a flash i can use on and off the camera,that maybe lipo powered?
after some searching it seems most are either aa battery or ac powered,would much rather have the life and reliability of lipo.

bp

Your quest seems to be exactly the same as mine, i wish to take great photos of my family so my family can enjoy them. I have a nikon d40 and just using that rather than my smasung point and shoot thing has improved my pictures immensly but i know my camera is capable of SOOOO much more when i know how to use it. I am currently trying to find out how to use the hot shoe to control several flashes off the camera ao that i can start setting up a real amatuer studio so i can take great shots of my kids rather than paying someone else silly money to do so. Good luck.

try this site
http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back