Lightning never strikes twice............

OMG! Easy to come by or not those are truly something else. We never get good lightning shows like that anymore up here in WI. Just another reason for me to move down there :D

malachite said:
I can arrange that.........it'll have my name and copyright on it though. I was actually thinking the same thing for myself but I want to scan a little differently for better quality in a smaller size. I'll get back with you though............

I figured you would. I'd definately like it anyway. It's an awesome picture. Let me know when you do (my desktop is 1024x768, fyi)

Thanks, Josh

Very 8) 8) Must have been exciting :shock: :shock: We get lightning storms in these parts but I have yet to capture any bolts of lightning. We mostly see sheet lightning. Maybe someday, until than I will greatly admire your pics.

Eric

Heeeey, maybe we'll get to see something awesome like that in Joshua Tree!!!! That would so rule. Nice job Malachite!

oh my god... I want lightning storms like that here in Ohio...that is amazing... wow....

Spectacular! Excellent composition with the river and that seemingly tiny factory in the second frame.

That is a lot of lightning. I am fascinated by how you guy's get that. Is it the climate? What elevation are you at?

craig said:
Spectacular! Excellent composition with the river and that seemingly tiny factory in the second frame.

That is a lot of lightning. I am fascinated by how you guy's get that. Is it the climate? What elevation are you at?
It's the extreme differences in air masses we get. The dryness makes for some serious static and then lightning when a cooler, moisture rich cell slams into it. It happens at all elevations here in AZ, from sea level to 7000'. Not to say this happens all the time, mostly just through the monsoon season.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back