Lightning Storm!!!!

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent three days early this week camped out on one of our barrier islands. This storm drifted just to our south and woke me up around 2am by dropping a few large rain drops on my tent. Once I realized it was moving away, I got out my gear and went to work. The storm built larger and larger, but barely moved. I spent 3 hours taking about 300 long exposures til the storm finally disapated. What a sight to have the privilege to witness. At times, it took all I had to remain focused and make sure I was doing what I had to do to get the shot because I was in such awe. I feel so blessed and so lucky.

HornIslandLightning2small.jpg

HornIslandLightning3small.jpg

HornLightning1small.jpg

Some absolutely amazing shots you've captured, I wish I lived in a part of the world that experienced such sights.

#1 is my favourite, I love the way the lightening appears behind a small cloud near the horizon that looks as though it's further away from the larger clouds at the top of the photo.

That's some impressive work you've posted, 10/10 from me.

Oh My! Beautiful and powerful, great shots.

Thank y'all. Each strike seems to have its own personality. I have several more, but there were three that stood out to me. In number two, if you look really close, the bolt is three dimensional, like two identical bolts side by side. In three, the depth and texture of the clouds blew me away when I realized how it translated to the photo.

Oh man... those are amazing pictures!
They have so much strenght and power!

Love the whole set, but the first is the best.

Congratulations and enjoy it, because from what you told, you totally earned it!

gorgeous. would love to see #1 as a vertical crop.

#2 & #3 the highlighting of the clouds is just great. very cool shots.

This is just awesome! Kind of make me wish we had more lightning around here :)

# 1 : love the combination of the clouds and the lightning, and how this was shot above the sea!

# 2 : for me, this one falls a bit short of the other two. Not that I think it is a bad shot - far from it! Just like the other two better.

# 3 : easily my favorite! I love the colors. The treeline also make a nice frame!

Third one looks the best to me, I love the way the storm lit up.

These are some truly amazing shots!

How did you set your focus? Were you estimating or just hit and miss?

#1 very nice set overall.

Most reactions

Back