Lightning Trigger

is it me or do they not list the price or offer a buy it button, but they do talk about shipping? perhaps I didnt read it close enough. :)

PatchMaster Lightning Capture! Version 2 is in the market. New version comes with

-a smarter case
-slide switch instead of rocker switch
-enhanced firmware (day/night detection for self calibration)
-enhanced front panel for increasing the sensitivity

Lightning Trigger

IMG_6848.jpg

Tried it today in several storms...not a happy camper. Didn't even pick up bolts from a couple hundred yards. :grumpy:

Bad unit? Dead battery? Faulty connection to camera? Facing toward storm? Is the red LED lit when you turn it on?

I decided to get one of these things and try it out too. I got it a few months ago, and it works very well for me. As soon as I got it, I tested it by flicking a lighter a few feet in front of it, and it worked. Then I tried it on a storm and it worked just like it's supposed to:

Lightning_2015.jpg

Hi buckster. The unit isn't faulty, I tested it with the TV remote a lá the Youtube vid before I went out yesterday. Worked no problem. But when I got out it just didn't work....and I mean this thing wasn't picking up bolts from, what was for me at times, uncomfortably close distances. Now I know they say it works best at night time, but they claim that it also works during the day. Not yesterday it didn't.

Just tried your lighter method...in a pitch black room. Didn't even catch it. Maybe it is faulty.

EDIT: Okay its catching a few.

But I bought this thing for daytime lightning..and when I say daytime I mean in a situation where the sky gets dark dark dark and allows you to get pretty close to the optimum camera settings.

Last edited:
I did the lighter thing in my office with the lights on and it worked. I think maybe you got a faulty one. I'd contact them and get it replaced.

Might do that. Thanks for your input Buckster...much appreciated.

Hi all,

Now we have a great opportunity for thephotoforum.com forum members who would like to experience the great quality and customer support of PatchMaster.

You can have our latest product PatchMaster 3in1 or Lightning Trigger Only models with a huge saving. Just enter the following coupon code during check-out for instant saving.

Promocode for PatchMaster 3in1: PM3IN1

Promocode for PatchMaster Lightning Trigger: PMLTV3

PatchMaster Lightning Trigger - Sound Trigger

Important Notice: Coupon Codes will be available for a limited time only.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back