Lightning

mobius121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! I am new to this forum and have been into photography for a little over a year now. I thought I would share a pic of lightning I took last summer. I actually used a video camera in this one and just took a snapshot of the scene. There weren't many storms this summer sadly :( so no pics.

Here are some more of that storm. I haven't been able to use my Nikon to take lightning photos due to the lack of storms but I am sure it would have turned out better than using a video camera ^^

What do ya think?

Really good start here, were you using a tripod? Is your photographic interest limited to lightning?

No tripod, I just leveled the camera on my driver door. Indeed I would need one when using a digital camera! I think I have a photo some where that I took using my Nikon. Weather is probably my most favorite subject (especially severe weather) but landscapes are a sure runner up :) I shall post some images later once I upload them :) Thanks for the comment!

Lightning rocks:

P1020762Modified.jpg

P1020763Modified.jpg

Beautiful photos djf! I wish we had storms and scenery like that here. Sadly not so much anymore :p When did you take those?

Beautiful photos djf! I wish we had storms and scenery like that here. Sadly not so much anymore :p When did you take those?

I took those in the beginning of July at Eleven Mile State Park in Park County Colorado with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1. It took about 300 shots before I finally got a few lol.

I took those in the beginning of July at Eleven Mile State Park in Park County Colorado with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1. It took about 300 shots before I finally got a few lol.

Lol it can take a while but its worth it if you get some good shots. Sadly I didn't this summer :(

Lol I meant whos shots were you saying needed to be bigger ^^ If you meant mine they are click-able thumbnails ;)

Most reactions

Back