lightning

how many people are you not talking to?
better yet, who ARE you talking to?

this thread is no fun anymore, it makes the baby jesus cry when i see a new post in it.

StvShoop said:
this thread is no fun anymore, it makes the baby jesus cry when i see a new post in it.

classic!!! :smileys:

I think this thread is becoming funnier with each post :p

voodoocat said:
Can someone tell Lyanna that I'm not talking to her? Thanks.
Would someone tell daniel_p that we like to act like adults on this website? Thanks.

see... I told you ..... :lmao:

danalec99 said:
voodoocat said:
Would someone tell daniel_p that we like to act like adults on this website? Thanks.

see... I told you ..... :lmao:

Would everybody tell each other that I'm not talking to them? Thanks.

daniel_p said:
Someone tell canonrebel that I'm not talking to him. And also ask him how does he figure that I "drew first blood"? By revealing that his picture was made with Photoshop? Was that offensive to him, was it a secret or something? Did he intend to pass it as an actual photograph? If that's not the case, then tell him I think he's deeply paranoid, because there was no reason for him to flip out. If anyone can describe exactly how I "drew first blood", please enlighten me.

daniel_p, I am deeply sorry for the trouble I've caused you!
I mistook your comments as adversarial and I percieved you as being more significant.

But if you could referr your critique to the critique thread and make your remarks to the submitters rather than about them as in "first person", they'd be less likely to be offended. And then your comments would be less likely to be perceived as being vicious rather than constructive.

dont refer to the submitters in the "third person" as when you refered to me as the "Author" of the pic. That's adversarial and puts people on the defense. Refer your critiques to the author of the thread rather than the entire membership. constructive crit is more person-to-person when it's in the proper tense referrence.

Our critiques here on the forum are meant as constructive criticism and not to injure--Or should be. The other stuff is for kindergarden.

For instance, Shark's criticism of my photo manipulation in the past has always been constructive (never abusive) and as a result, I've grown both as a photographer and an artist. That's what this forum is about--to help each other grow as dedicated hobbiest. My pursuit is to expand my growth in both directions, as a photographer and also an artist. I mean, after all, isn't it easier to appreciate photography if you can also appreciate other forms of art? Obviously the path you seek is only as a photogapher. But that's ok. That's your thing. You're entitled to it. You have my blessing. As for myself, there's more to beauty than only one avenue to obtain it.

Again, daniel_p, I apologize for the trouble I've caused you.

Cheers

The Rebel

Now.. Canon and Daniel... I want you to to shake hands and play nice..... No more throwing rocks from the playground at each other.

karissa said:
Now.. Canon and Daniel... I want you to to shake hands and play nice..... No more throwing rocks from the playground at each other.

Folks, it's been a wild ride, but I think it was probably necessary. I've learned much from it. There are views that have been demonstrated here in this thread that I do not necessarily agree with, BUT I DO AND ALWAYS HAVE RESPECTED THEM. All I would ask in return is similar courtesy.

You may Check everyone of my critiques and you will not find one defamitory, derogitory, flamable, or destructive comment. I've always been respectful except in defense. My critiques have always been in the form of suggestions or advice or "this is how I would have done it type of commentary". I've never commented 3rd person about any one to the membership. Viewing My past critiques will demonstrate that I have a wide lattitude of acceptance and a gentle nature except for when critiques have been personal subjective evaluations rather than focused on my submissions

I apologize for any discomfort that my attempt of self defense in this thread may have caused anyone.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Canon, I was poking a little fun. I think it's great that you have apologized. Please don't take my earlier comment for anything more than a little humor. I'm glad you didn't just get up and leave the forum like some people would. If anything I think we all learned a little bit from the issues brought up here.

Canonrebel, thanks for being bigger than the argument and apologizing for any hurt feelings. If my comment was taken the wrong way, I also apologize. :hug:

karissa said:
Canon, I was poking a little fun. I think it's great that you have apologized. Please don't take my earlier comment for anything more than a little humor. I'm glad you didn't just get up and leave the forum like some people would. If anything I think we all learned a little bit from the issues brought up here.

Canonrebel, thanks for being bigger than the argument and apologizing for any hurt feelings. If my comment was taken the wrong way, I also apologize. :hug:

Ahh...this reminds me.

Daniel_p.... pls don't ever think that I was making fun of you. Just wanted this unnecessarily and childishly bloated issue solved. And the attempts at humor were merely meant to diffuse the tension and NOT IN ANYWAYS to be sarcastic towards you or anyone here.

Cheerio! :)

daniel_p said:

:shock:

Bwahahahahhahahaha

*oops, sorry*

*hiccups*

*rolls over laughing again*

Okay, now onto the more serious things....Canon, I hope I didn't offend you anywhere, was absolutely not my intention. If I did, please accept my sincere apologies. I think you are handling things very well. I'm going to abstain from further comment on this thread cause it is getting long enough as it is :)

ps: by the way, I'm getting the impression that our dear Daniel_p is just provoking us for the fun of it to see how we react or somethin'.

Most reactions

Back