lightning

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
A car races away from an approaching storm. Taken east of Waupun, Wisconsin tonight...

lightning5-1-07.jpg

Doug Raflik

Awesome shot again David... If you ever come near Sterling let me know I would love to meet up with you some time.

Awesome shot again David... If you ever come near Sterling let me know I would love to meet up with you some time.

You can call me what ever you want, but my name is Doug. :)

As far as the shutter speed, I was shooting anywhere between 30 seconds and 80. Shutter speeds really do not matter with lightning shots as long as there is no permenant light source around. For instance, if it took 10 seconds for that car to go by, this picture would look the same if I had it open for only the ten seconds it went by, or if I had it open for a minute and the car went by somewhere in that time frame.

Doug Raflik

You can call me what ever you want, but my name is Doug. :)

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I am so embaristed (especially cause I can't spell the word either)... I knew that... I don't know why I said that err typed it...

Nice shot- very interesting.

Very nice capture and thanks for posting the info on shutter speeds I have wondered about it myself before ..

Most reactions

Back