Lightroom 2 troubles.

Altered Lens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to import 42 RAW photos from my Canon EOS 350D onto Lightroom 2 on my Intel iMac the other day. About 10 photos would import then it would appear to stop importing even though there were more photos left. I then would have to do a 'force quit' to exit LR2
I re-tried importing several times and also on a MacBook Pro (intel) and I would still get the same response.

I then tried importing with iPhoto 08 on my iMac and it worked first go.
I was using a standard mini USB cable plugged into the camera.

I have imported photos into LR2 before with the same camera in the past and had no troubles.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and/or how to fix it???

Welcome to the forum.

My first suggestion is to first copy the files onto your hard drive, then import them into LR. Or at least use a card reader, rather than connecting the camera via USB. I don't know if that will solve your problem, but it's a good idea anyway.

Do you have the latest version of LR2? There were certainly a few bugs that could cause freezing up, many of which were fixed with updates.

@ Big Mike,

I tried with a second batch of RAWs today using Image Capture to import them to the hard drive off the camera as I don't have a card reader. It worked fine. LR2 did not work again and I have the latest update (2.5) as well.
I will try to get a card reader and see if that will work, as its much easier to import directly into LR2.
I also suspect it may be a problem with my camera, or CF card.

Thanks for your help :)

I also suspect it may be a problem with my camera, or CF card.
Yes, it may be that the files are somehow corrupt...but I'm not certain of that.

Have you tried uninstalling LR and reinstalling it? Give that a try.

Another workaround to try, would be to download and install Adobe's DNG converter. It's a program that converts various RAW files into Adobe's standardized RAW format, DNG. You could then try importing those into LR.

Most reactions

Back