lightroom 3 beta

already got it. thanks though for the other people

Do you guys currently have LR2?

How much 'better' does 3 look?
The description on Abode's site sounds nice, but I think I'll wait till it's released.
It doesn't look like there are many new features (that they let you use on the beta) that I would really use a lot. Maybe the film grain thing, but probably not...

Lets say you have acquired a few (see: tons) less than legitimate adobe software. Is this beta going to notice that (OHMIGODGASP), and phone home to Adobe and get the person locked out of all their other programs? Because that would be less than favored by most.

Last edited:
LOL.

I doubt it, but I also wouldn't be asking about that kind of stuff here. You may want to edit your post.

The beta is a stand-alone program - it won't 'upgrade' LR1 or 2 to beta3.
The beta, is obviously, not a finished product - you still need 1 or 2 for your real work.

Do you guys currently have LR2?

How much 'better' does 3 look?
The description on Abode's site sounds nice, but I think I'll wait till it's released.
It doesn't look like there are many new features (that they let you use on the beta) that I would really use a lot. Maybe the film grain thing, but probably not...

With the brush you can now dodge and burn. There is an iris enhance and thats about it that i have noticed. There is the grain and stuff but nothing major i think

With the brush you can now dodge and burn. There is an iris enhance and thats about it that i have noticed. There is the grain and stuff but nothing major i think

LR2 does dodge & burn, and probably the iris enhance thing you're talking about (not exactly sure what you mean, but you can do a lot with the adjustment brush).

It sounds like most of the new features are things to make printing/publishing and importing easier.

Of course, that's just what they let you play with on the beta - who knows what the finished version will have.

I am noticing a speed up though... I am run LR 2.4 and now 3b on the new lower end MPB 13''. LR 2.4 seemed to be sluggish and took forever to move between modules. 3b is alot smoother.

LOL.

I doubt it, but I also wouldn't be asking about that kind of stuff here. You may want to edit your post.

The beta is a stand-alone program - it won't 'upgrade' LR1 or 2 to beta3.
The beta, is obviously, not a finished product - you still need 1 or 2 for your real work.

Edited post to insure anonymity.

Lets say you have acquired a few (see: tons) less than legitimate adobe software. Is this beta going to notice that (OHMIGODGASP), and phone home to Adobe and get the person locked out of all their other programs? Because that would be less than favored by most.

i loled, no, it wouldnt, worse case scenario (i would know), (someone's) ISP shuts down (someone's) internet, (someone) has to call them, and (someone) has to uninstall those programs that they find, which is few if (someone) installed it correcty

i loled, no, it wouldnt, worse case scenario (i would know), (someone's) ISP shuts down (someone's) internet, (someone) has to call them, and (someone) has to uninstall those programs that they find, which is few if (someone) installed it correcty

Well, not saying I've had any experience with this. But from what I have heard from sources that will remain nameless... Indesign will phone home if you don't change the servers that they communicate with. It was something like update.adobe.com, and it required a tweak to make it not communicate with Adobe once the program was started.

Knawmsayin?

But even if my ISP was to try something of that nature...

tumblr_kr1g1pTu0z1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

Most reactions

Back