lightroom 3 vs lightroom 4, your view.

eddlum25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I haven't been posting for a while now. Just installed the newly announced lightroom 4 beta version and been playing with it. Below is the same raw image that being processed with lightroom 3 and lightroom 4 respectively. I think lightroom 4 beta version is looking great already. What do you think?

1. Processed with lightroom 3

6749038613_484b58b5d7_b.jpg

2. Prcessed with Lightroom 4

6746480523_6f8d6ac967_b.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Lightroom 4 is 1 more than 3 = better

Agreed. I am amazed by how much details can be pull out from the shadow area without much noise.

I have to download it! I just watched a brief review of it and it looks great :)

Lightroom 4 will take some getting used to. Many of the sliders do more or less than they do in Lightroom 3.

We will have to wait and see what differences the release has compared to the Beta.

I am very excited with the new sliders in the Adjustment Brush, especially the noise slider. And the RGB channel they included in the curve panel.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if I should stick the the beta 4 or buy 3. I will be waiting for 4 to release now.

Have had a few crashes which has been annoying but after all it is beta. I Sent the crash data to Adobe so hopefully they can fix it(them).

Hmmm I haven't experience any crash at all so far, so far so good. Some module are slow to open and that is all.

Hmmm I haven't experience any crash at all so far, so far so good. Some module are slow to open and that is all.

Lightroom 3 lags sometimes on my computer too. I think it has to do with how the program manages memory.

I just got 3, and it does everything that I need.

I got lightroom 3 as well but am just curious how much improvements in lightroom 4. After all, lightroom 4 beta version is free to download :)

so I have the thirty day trial of lightroom 3.. How soon will 4 be released?? Should I even worry about it.. I am a complete newb by the way but I do get my back into my hobbies lol.. If its coing out in the next onth or so maybe I should wait before I activate this version..

What say you all

Tim

I like 4, it seems to handle shadows better and I really like the photo book module. It took a few days to get used to the new options but they came pretty quickly as this is not really a new version but a revamped 3 with a couple other options.

Honestly, I would have not expected this to be a new version but more of a feature release of LR3. Overall I do like it but they could have and should have done more... for example, it still needs network catalog sharing which is my biggest issue with LR, being workflow software network capabilities should be there IMO.

I've been playing with the LR4 beta and really like it. The difference in the two sample pix show some definite improvements

for example, it still needs network catalog sharing which is my biggest issue with LR, being workflow software network capabilities should be there IMO.
Don't hold your breath.

I doubt Lightroom ever will. I would expect Adobe to do that in a completely different, much more expensive application.

Most reactions

Back