Lightroom 4

What's a guy got to do to get a damn interpreter around here?! :scratch:
A lot of people do an internet search of terms and/or concepts they are not familiar with.

You may have noticed I provide a lot of links to the books and web sites I have used to acquire the knowledge I have, so others willing to do the work necessary can learn what i have learned.

I'm proactive and a self-starter. When I see terms or other information I am unfamiliar with that I want to understand, I use the unprecedented resource known as the internet and until I get the understanding I desire.

Raster graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vector graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parametric editing means the edits are in fact line commands (in XML) used by the Raw converter to render the image. In that way pixels are not edited, which is also known as non-destructive editing.
Image editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop
Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5
Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

Highly recommended for anyone that has Lightroom 4 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers, The
Highly recommended for anyone that has CS 6 - Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC

Some of us work full-time billing 80+ hours a week and don't have time to read 300+ page books to acquire knowledge, so we come to a forum and ask a simple question. Sometimes, the answers are worth reading, and other times they are too complicated to be worth the effort.

that's not really a fair assessment of KmH's response. Even though he isn't as big a fan/user of LR as some of the rest of us are, he still gave a pretty thorough analysis of lightroom -vs- pixel editors like photoshop, which requires at least some bit of "tech" terminology. Even though he got a bit of a snide comment for his troubles, KmH STILL came back and quoted resources needed to understand the terminology he used. What kind of response would you give if you were trying to explain photography lighting and someone didnt know what aperture or shutter speed meant?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What's a guy got to do to get a damn interpreter around here?! :scratch:
A lot of people do an internet search of terms and/or concepts they are not familiar with.

You may have noticed I provide a lot of links to the books and web sites I have used to acquire the knowledge I have, so others willing to do the work necessary can learn what i have learned.

I'm proactive and a self-starter. When I see terms or other information I am unfamiliar with that I want to understand, I use the unprecedented resource known as the internet and until I get the understanding I desire.

Raster graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vector graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parametric editing means the edits are in fact line commands (in XML) used by the Raw converter to render the image. In that way pixels are not edited, which is also known as non-destructive editing.
Image editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop
Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5
Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

Highly recommended for anyone that has Lightroom 4 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers, The
Highly recommended for anyone that has CS 6 - Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC

Some of us work full-time billing 80+ hours a week and don't have time to read 300+ page books to acquire knowledge, so we come to a forum and ask a simple question. Sometimes, the answers are worth reading, and other times they are too complicated to be worth the effort.

because ive gone back to work and now doing all my photography on my free hours basically is why i picked up lightroom4. sure im not doing thousands of photos a day, but when i do my photos is nice to be able to easily organise them and seperate them and do 90% of my editing. if you busy and don't have a lot of time reading that one book may wind up saving you hours in time spent behind the computer because you learn little tips and tricks and really find out what the program is capable. I add watermarks to anything i put on facebook. just really so that when people see the pic they see my name. i was adding them by hand before. I didnt know how to automate and add them in. and i just kept saying i'll read about it the next time, and would spent an hour or so jus adding those to my online photos. with lightroom and reading about them for 10 minutes i just added and resized all my photos and now im saving an hour or more just on that. there are a lot of things where it doesnt hurt to read up on a bit to save you time. especially if phootgraphy is being done on the side.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LR can still do some spot healing/clone and has a limited form of edge recognition.

I rarely feel the need or have time to do more than that.

that's not really a fair assessment of KmH's response. Even though he isn't as big a fan/user of LR as some of the rest of us are, he still gave a pretty thorough analysis of lightroom -vs- pixel editors like photoshop, which requires at least some bit of "tech" terminology. Even though he got a bit of a snide comment for his troubles, KmH STILL came back and quoted resources needed to understand the terminology he used. What kind of response would you give if you were trying to explain photography lighting and someone didnt know what aperture or shutter speed meant?

Fair enough. To me, the response exceeded the question. YMMV.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back