Lightroom at Adobe's Education Store

the nice thing about the non-student version is that you qualify for upgrade pricing on newer versions
If you have a Student Edition and subsequently want to upgrade to a newer release non-student version, you will also qualify for upgrade pricing as long as the version you have is not to old, usually 3 versions back. People having a legal registered copy of CS2 today, get upgrade pricing when buying CS5. The first Student Edition of CS was CS3 Extended.

If you still qualify as a student when a new version comes out, just buy the new Student Edition.

Because I own Elements 9, I was able to take advantage of a special to purchase L3 at $150. Although a professional photographer told me it was "junk", I found Elements to be very good for one starting out with editing. I bought a book on it and I found it has a lot of features similar to L3. in fact Elements has an easy "Panoramic Merge" that is not available in L3. But, in L3 it is possible to use an editing feature in Elements.
L3 looks amazing, and a manual is very important as a method for me to learn and some good one are available.

Hey, I just noted a link in the "Sponsors'" box below "$179 Lightroom 3 Full" saveintheusa.com

Says deal ends March 5, but maybe....???

http://saveintheusa.com/product.asp?pf_id=65064073

Last edited:
Food for thought here: Words from Jerry Clower,

“Just recently I had the privilege of doing a show at Samford University in Birmingham, [Alabama]. Some of the young people there said, ‘Mr. Clower, what’s right and wrong?’ Tell us, we’re young people, tell us, what’s right and wrong.

Well you ask a pretty good question.

So I worked me up a rule of thumb I’d like to recommend to my own children, and to young people.

If you’re fixin’ to make a decision about what’s right and what’s wrong in your life, do you ask other people’s opinion about it? That’s a pretty good indication your fixin’ to mess up.

I was getting ready for a date one night when I was a little ole boy. And I walked into the side room and I said, ‘Mama, is my shirt dirty?’ She said, ‘Son, if you’re in doubt, it’s dirty. Pull it off and getcha another.’ So if you’re fixin’ to do something, and you want to know if it’s right or not, number one: do you ask other people’s opinion about it?

Number two: do you argue with yourself? Man, I have spent a million mile on the highway arguing with Jerry about I oughta do a certain thing and I knew in my heart, I was lying. So if you’re arguin’ with yourself, pretty good indication you should not do it.

Number three: do you feel uneasy when you do it? Had ya just as soon for somebody not see you doin’ what it is you’d done decided is alright for you to do?

And Number four: Can you give thanks and say ‘Lord, I thank ya for providing this for me.’? Alright, you’d done made up your mind: you’re gonna do it. The Bible says, give thanks for all things. So when you do it, can ya say ‘Lord, thank ya for providing this for me. And I some kinda thank ya, for fixin’ it where I can commit to what it is I’m doin.’?

What is right or wrong?, Do you ask other people?, Do you aruge with yourself?, Do you feel uneasy when you do it?, Can ya give thanks and say ‘Lord, I thank ya for providing this for me.’? If you can’t, you better watch out…You’re fixin’ to mess up.”

Most reactions

New Topics

Back