lightroom cc help

This is all so helpful..
Thank you all for taking the.time to help me.

One more question

Where i have Lightroom swt up now..whixh I've had foe a while on my desktop, i can still edit.

I got a new laptop for christmas where i want to start editing becasue my desktop when i use lightroom is so slow now.

I researched this and it said to take my serial number and enter it into the website on my laptop to sync it.

Well the serial nunber said it expired. Yet, i am.still able to edit on the desktop... I'm so confused

Any ideas? Any help is muggy appreciated..

If I understand your problem correctly you want to be able to view the same photos on your laptop as on your desktop. These are two different versions of LR an older expired version on your desktop.

• First of all you need to decide if the desktop will be used in the future of editing. If so then a current monthly subscription allows you to download to one laptop and one desktop.
  • I personally would forget about Sync unless it's to transfer to your mobile app, and I've already explained the problems there which limit my use of that app. Instead I would do the below
  • As to getting your laptop on the same page as your desktop. If you plan to stop using your desktop then I would suggest moving your catalog to a usb drive , then put the USB drive in your laptop. Open LR > Choose File > Import From Another Catalog and navigate to USB drive that contains the catalog you want to add from. Then, click Open (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS). In the Import From Catalog dialog box, do the following: Under Catalog Contents, select the folders that contain the photos you want to import
  • If you choose to use both computers you need to update the desktop with the current version. then move your catalog to an external or network drive that both the laptop and the desktop can access.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it

Most reactions

Back