Lightroom contact metadata question

Discussion in 'The Aspiring Professionals Forum' started by weepete, Nov 11, 2020.

1. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just went for it with Squarespace as it seemed to be the most reccomended.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smoke665

smoke665 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Like I said earlier my neural network is far from a superhighway. LOL Just dawned on me today, why are you making it so difficult????? You don't need to do all that in the metadata, just go to the print module in LR or stretch your canvas in PS to add a custom area for text. I did this in PS because I'm old, and don't want to learn something new. :allteeth: In PS it's easy peasy to record an action that does it for you as the last step, then export as a JPEG, and delete the layer if you want. Here's one with a Gray background, but you can make it any color you want, any size you want, any type you want, and from your webpage set a hyperlink on the picture to automatically go to the web page when they click on it.
    Little River Canyon 202020201101_3598.jpg

And here's another version done in LR, in the print module instead of printing to paper you print as a JPEG I don't think you have quite the control over the JPEG that you would by exporting though.
    lr version.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Thanks Smoke, That's a great suggestion. I ended up re-doing my watermark and put my web address on that, so slightly different, but along the same lines as your suggestion.

My thought process behind why I want to do it is a bit long winded, but it's partly because it's there and I can, partly because looking at the details tab would be something I'd do if I was looking for the owner of the copyright of an image, partly because I want to provide people mutiple chances to see my website and make it easy to get in touch, and partly because I thought is would be easy to do and instantly appear where I expected.

I was just a bit suprised when the process didn't seem to work the way I thought it would and it made me a bit unsure if it was something simple I was missing, or if there was some quirk with Windows that meant the contact data was not read by file explorer (which seems to be the case).

Either way it probabbly doesn't affect much and I won't loose sleep over it but I do like to understand how these things work.