Lightroom libraries sync

matseski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have Lightroom on both my desktop and laptop but am trying to find a way to have everything sync up on my desktop when I plug my laptop into the network. I have been shooting a lot of sporting events and people want the pictures up that night so I do the editing on the road, but when I get home, I want to just push a sync button and have all of the images and associated edits to be merged into my desktop library so I can clear everything off my laptop. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

LOL. its going to need a little bit more work of you part and lighroom is not working that way.

youl have to copy the files over to your desktop. then copy over a backup of your catalog backup and then sync everything back again using the same folder/directory stucture. on thing you can do is the following. However, once you get the backup catalog up and running on your desktop. you will be replacing that catalog.

youll have to be really carefull what you do. its alot of pain for nothing.

THIS is what i would do.

if you work most of the time on your laptop. get all your files on the laptop.

you want to have the files your working on at the same location but accessible on both machine.

1. share the drive or folder you have all your crap on
2. Map that drive or share on your desktop.
3. keep the catalog file on that shared folder and use the same catalog for both machine
4. You willl have to backup your cathalog on the laptop everytime your going to use the desktop so its always up to date
5. Load the backed up catalog on the destop everytime your going to use it.

Most reactions

Back