Lightroom Question

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm using LR 2 (I know, need to upgrade) and every image I import (raw format) has the brightness set to +50. Is this a LR standard or is it something I'm doing during import incorrectly? Or is it a setting in the camera?

I'm becoming more experienced in photo taking (I do it simply as a hobby) and I'm noticing that the increased brightness is having a negative effect on my shots.

Anyone?

Yes +50 is the preset default. I upgraded from LR 2 to LR 4 this last Monday.

You can change the default value for each Develope module Basic panel slider to any value you want.

With the Develope module open, press the F1 key on your keyboard. Look through the tutorials to find the appropriate one that covers setting the slider defaults.

Lightroom: Embracing Brightness

Press and hold the Alt key and the Reset button at the bottom of the right side panel changes to be a Set Default button. Click on the now Set Default button and a dialog box pops up for the camera make and model used to make the image you are currently working on. Once you have the sliders set to the new defaults you want them at, click on Update to Current settings.

If you don't already have it, I recommend you get the inexpensive book - The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks.

Really, is there anything wrong with having the brightness default there, other than having to adjust it once in a while?

Most reactions

Back