Lightroom red issues

vessey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I've been having issues with my reds in lightroom and was wondering if anyone else has been experiancing the same thing. I am shooting in raw on my rebel xt when I upload the photos I view them in zoombrowser and the reds look awesome. When I open them into lightroom while it is loading the image in "develope" it looks the same as in zoombrowser but as soon as it finishs loading the reds fade out to orange. I have tried shooting in both sRGB and adobeRGB and did not notice a difference, the only thing i have been doing to correct it is adjust the red camera calibration in lightroom.

If anyone has had this problem or knows whats causing it, your help would grealty be appreciated.

I never use zoombrowser. I always import directly into lightroom. Have you tried that?

Also, it could be processing the RAW file differently.

Also, it could be processing the RAW file differently.

That's it. If you can compensate, than it's a non-issue. That's what lighrrom is for, color correction.

Each program applies it's own camera profile to the RAW file meaning no two raw processors will produce the same kind of colour. Personally I prefer lightroom's more natural and earthly tones rather than the surrealistic results I got from Nikon Capture NX.

This is part of the camera profile. Down the bottom of the develop settings this can be adjusted. Also you can boost the red saturation and shift the hue slightly and then once you've done that save the settings as lightroom defaults and they will be applied to all images when they come in.

Zoombrowser is probably retaining your in camera settings. This is the biggest reason I preferred DPP when processing the RAW. Why start with a flat image and make it vivid, when you can start with a vivid image.

Before Adobe purchased RSE and called it Lightroom (with improvements ofcourse) , it processed the RAW in a way that I was unhappy with, sure you could make changes, but for quick reveiws when returning from the field, I had to make adjustments to see what I really had. I think Lightroom is better now, but I love DPP.

Hey, thx for all the advice I will give them a try. I have used DPP for some of my shots that are primarily red but would like to be able to do everything in lightroom.

Thanks again
Vessey

Most reactions

Back