LightRoom ?'s

joelhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so i am using LR to pre edit my photos, Lately i have been really happy with how i have been shoot my photos and when i load them into LR it automatically changes them to a certain type of preset. what i want to do is edit the photos based on how i shot them. Another issue i am having is that it automatically takes the photos i have shot in B&W and turns them into color and i dont want it to do that. How do I solove these issues??

when i load them into LR it automatically changes them to a certain type of preset. what i want to do is edit the photos based on how i shot them
You can set whether or not LR applies any presets to the images. You should also be able to make a new preset that sets everything to 'as shot'...if that's what you want it to do.

Another issue i am having is that it automatically takes the photos i have shot in B&W and turns them into color and i dont want it to do that
I'm guessing that you are shooting in RAW?

Even when you set your camera to shooting in B&W, RAW files capture all the color data and show up as color images. IMO, this is a good thing because you have many options when you convert the image to B&W.

You can set whether or not LR applies any presets to the images. You should also be able to make a new preset that sets everything to 'as shot'...if that's what you want it to do.

Where do i find the option to not apply presets?

If you're using Auto Import:

File-->Auto Import-->Auto Import Settings. In this menu, make sure the "Develop Settings" pull down says 'None'.

If you're importing manually every time, a similar menu will be up before import - make sure the develop settings are 'none'.

Most reactions

Back