Lightroom

I am playing with the trial now as well.... for about 9 more days. I tried AP first and then LR. I like LR much more for some reason. I have developed a nice workflow between LR and GIMP actually. Seems to work for me! haha I will be buying LR in 9 more days.

Please forgive the noobness of this question, but I have no experience with any post processing software other than Canon's DPP and the software that came with my HP printer. Is Lightroom a stand alone type application, or is it an add on for PS? Will it do RAW conversion or will I still need to use DPP for that? I'm fairly limited with what I have now and can't afford to spend more than two or three hundred dollars on a program at this time. I'm planning ahead for what to ask for Valentine's Day :lol:. Thanks.

It is a standalone program and it does raw conversions. It's an amazing program and is right around the budget you have. There is so much to do that I find it to be the only program I need to do all my processing. You can download a free trial from adobe to check it out. Trust me. Once you try it you will have to buy it.

I've been thinking about buying Lightroom, but since the next versions is available as a beta right now, I might wait a month or two. I hate buying software only to have it outdated a month later :lol:

Adobe Labs - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3

hmm I wonder what my student price will be on LR3?

Anyone know if LR student version or discounted one is upgradable?

Most reactions

Back