AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone...
I'm just curious about those of you who use Lightroom and Photoshop.
What does lightroom do for you that Photoshop can't? Or does it just do some things more easily?

If i'm working in the studio or working with images with similar lighting and exposure, i can possibly go through about 200 some-odd or more images in about 15 minutes.

batch processing and organization is why you buy lightroom.

lightroom works by making a catalog of all your photos and making it easy to navigate. Then you can "develop" your digital prints and play around with the most simple adjustments you'd need. (white balance, saturation, sharpening, etc)....I barely ever need to go into photoshop anymore, and it has really sped up my workflow.

HeHe April,
I just answered you in the other tread in the Wedding Area.
I'll copy the answer here too:

I don't think Lightroom would be a jack......it shaved almost a week off the time it used to take me to edit. Lightroom is a GodSend!!!!!!
I used to have to upload cards to their own files due to having craploads of different cameras, but with lightroom you can stick them in one giant folder because it ignores same numbered files.
Then I used to have to do my pulls in PS and transfer to Capture One to do my exposure and white balance edits. That transfer time took forever. Then I had to transfer them back to PS.
Lightroom saves your files/backing them up simultaneously. You can pull and edit right in the same program. You can even make your slideshows, and gallery proofs right there for the shoot/burners.
Worth every penny and then some!

To expand further, if you are working in a studio, LR makes your work pretty much one big no brainer batch.

Weddings are great though too because anything remotely at the same time and place can be batch w/b exposure corrected without going from one program to another.

I've tried Adobe's Bridge editing a long time ago, and I HATED it so much I went out and spent 500 bucks on C1Pro. Now, with LR, I can't stand using CS1 even though I still have the latest version.

Yeah, it's an extra cost when using with PS, but when your workload starts to become unmanagable, you just can't make a better investment.

Hope that helps.

Thanks you guys. Those answers were really helpful. I'm almost thinking I should get lightroom before I even get a real version of PS.

I've got to agree that lightroom is a godsend. It has cut the time I spend in photoshop drastically.

I LOVE Lightroom. I put practically everything thru it. It reallly cuts down my work low time and makes editing, organization, and exporting so incredibly easy.

Most reactions

Back