Liiiiiiiiiightning

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/27267080/original.jpg

I thought I would have some fun with my plasma globe the other day. I stretched this image so it would be square instead of rounded.

WEIRD. I have the exact same picture, same colors and everything, except I shot the picture in the Ripley's Museum on Clifton Hill in N.Falls here

bean said:
WEIRD. I have the exact same picture, same colors and everything, except I shot the picture in the Ripley's Museum on Clifton Hill in N.Falls here

Care to post it on here for comparison? :0).

Wicked picture Gerry. What's the greenish thing in the top area?

Harpper said:
Wicked picture Gerry. What's the greenish thing in the top area?

Reflection from the base. The base at the bottom of the globe is all green. I was thinking about cloning or heal brushing it out of the picture but thougth Id leave it. :0).

Ah nuts I can't find it, I think I accidentally deleted the whole folder because the rest of the pictures were crap (you try holding a camera steady at 1/2s shutter speed) :p

bean said:
Ah nuts I can't find it, I think I accidentally deleted the whole folder because the rest of the pictures were crap (you try holding a camera steady at 1/2s shutter speed) :p

Hmm, the fractions of a second is a bit confusing to me, hehe. So 1/2s would be 500th's of a second? And you can handhold a camera for 250th of a second and be fine.

Then again thats 1/250th may not be 250th of a second, 250th of a second might be 1/4s. Hmm.

I got my shot with an extended exposure on a tripod. Something like 3 seconds.

GerryDavid said:
Hmm, the fractions of a second is a bit confusing to me, hehe. So 1/2s would be 500th's of a second? And you can handhold a camera for 250th of a second and be fine.

0.5 second then :p That's the slowest shutter my camera will do

I inherited a steady hand from my father and I can usually freehand shots down to 1/4 - 1/6 second (0.25 - 0.16s)
Next time I'm at Ripley's I'm bringing my tripod...I can get in there for free anyway :p

bean said:
GerryDavid said:

0.5 second then :p That's the slowest shutter my camera will do

I inherited a steady hand from my father and I can usually freehand shots down to 1/4 - 1/6 second (0.25 - 0.16s)
Next time I'm at Ripley's I'm bringing my tripod...I can get in there for free anyway :p

I dont have the stediest of hands. :0) I even tried the crouching tripod technique using your body as a tripod. same shake as if I was standing. :0) Id like to get a mini tripod with a clamp on it so you can put it on anything. some even have tripod legs in them but im not sure how good that would work with a slr with a long lense. but should work fine with a digital.

Does your camera have mode functions? Like action, night scene, etc? My camera's manual says the longest exposure it can do is 3 seconds, but night scene seems to be 5 or 6 seconds and gathers much more light than a 3 second exposure. Just a thought. :0) I tried the night exposure on this picture but it was way to bright, didnt really give details.

My camera is fully automatic, only options dealing with the exposure is EV compensation. Which is why I bought a manual 35mm SLR :) Eventually I'll have a nice digital camera.
I've never found a use for those mini tripods, I always have a toolbox or a few books handy to serve that purpose ;)

A handy thing to use is a bean bag. You simply put your SLR on any surface and use the bean bag to support the lens. That reminds me, I need a new one.

Most reactions

Back