Like minds

this thread is pretty hilarious.

not your photos, ccd333, which i like. i like the color one better actually, and it doesnt look PS'd, that's just how it looks at that time of day. The black and white one is allright, but i would like it better in color. the conversion is a tad flat, i think it could use some more detail in the shadows and highlights. this is probably caused by bright sunlight though. It's tough to get good contrast on shots like that without getting too much contrast and having harsh shadows and highlights. the color is more soothing and subtle, and, in my opinion, just plain better for this shot. it expresses more, too. the black and white doesnt make me want to be there. a nice color one would. nice job, beautiful (and cold, i'll bet) location!

I like the BW one better, but I must agree that the man is just so small in this picture. I had to look around for him. I think it would just be so much better without him in the pic. Or if he was in the pic, he should stand out much much more. JMO. BTW, I really love your photos.

The small man adds an element of interest in my opinion. It emphisizes our insignificance in the overall scheme of things. Whether or not the man exists is absolutely irrelevant to the existance of the larger dominant forces of nature.

As for the technical aspects of the picture, it looks too posterized to me. There should be some texture or shadow to add depth to the elements. Taken out of context, the mountains could be moulded plastic pieces that were part of a paint by number set.

Please bear in mind that my critique of the posterized effect is a personal preference. If you intended the posterization, you accomplished your goal. If you weren't going for a posterized look, then you may want to review your technique.

The only preference I have for the black and white over the color is that the photographer is looking into the shot, instead of right off the edge. Other than that, the color shot is just as well done to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back