Like new lenses and camera

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Im not putting this in the collectors corner cause I doubt this camera is a collectible, but a friend has asked about any value to a camera he has had sitting around for years. Its a Pentax K1000. It has 3 lenses. A 50mm 2.0, ... A 75-200 4.5, ... and A 35-75, 3.5-4.5.

All 3 lenses have uv filters on them, and I am guessing they went on when the camera was bought because the glass is flawless. Also in his bag is a TOYO optics 2x converter.

So his question is, is there anyone out there that would be interested in this? Its been sitting in a camera bag for years. The manual says 1975. Camera looks a tad worn, but like I said, the glass is flawless.

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

Unfortunately electronics depreciates so much over just a few years, let alone thirty-some. Not to mention that we have to throw depreciation of technology into the mix. A local paper has had a Nikkormat w/ three lenses in it for six weeks now and the poor chap has come down from $300 to $150 OBO. No one wants to pay much for film cameras anymore. Couldn't even sell an older Pentax ME Super for a friend for only $60.00. I have a Minolta sr-T101 and a 28-200 Vivitar macro zoom on ebay for $30 starting bid and Buy It Now for $100. I don't think anyone is going to buy it now. I'll probably be lucky to see $60.00. Same for some filters.

I would check out completed auctions on eBay for an idea and start at about 1.5x the average there and see what happens.

Shame, too. Beaut' of a camera that one. I'm thinking of cancelling the auction on my Minny. Fact, I think I will right now. They had their chance.

There is still interest in the K-1000. It's still a popular student camera.
Value depends greatly on condition.

can you post up some pictures of it?

The K1000 is a great, solid and well engineered camera which eventually spawned the equally desirable MX. A nice outfit like that will outlast any of the latest digital wonder cameras and produce great results. Besides it's a good tool for learning the fundamentals of photography with.
There's a wealth of stupidly cheap yet extraordinary quality film equipment out there; I recently found a Nikon F3HP body for less than $200US-around £100UK-in great shape. This was Nikon's top of the line pro SLR for 20 years. Mine are both over 20 years old, a little worn and brassed, but extremely rugged and well-engineered and will probably be still working well when I'm in my grave!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back