Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, let's be clear right from the start. I'm a facebook neophyte, I don't especially like facebook, and the whole idea of social media bores me to tears, BUT... I recognize its value as a business tool. Okay, that out of the way, how do I "like" a personal page from my business page. The closest I could find was an option that read, "Like as your page" or something similar, but now, I can't find any option. Is this a change in facebook, am I just missing something, or????

If you have a business page you can not like or friend any one elses page. You can only do this with personal pages. Been that way for a long time so no your not missing anything. If you want to like pages go get you a personal page not just your business page.

You can like other business pages from your business page. I know on my facebook page ive got a dozen or so business pages that I have liked. though maybe they have changed it to not allow you. just went to my page and couldnt figure out how to like more pages. but the ones i had liked are still there. interesting.

Hmmm... I was sure that I'd used the "Like as your page" thingy on a personal page.... mebbe I'm mis-rememberin'. Thanks!

im sitting here trying to see. but not getting much luck. it still shows the ones I had liked, which I probalby liked them 8 or 9 months ago. and even went to a friends page I had liked to verifty that it does show my business page liking her page, which it did. But I can not find a way to go and like more pages.

I think perhaps some of the rules *have* changed recently. I have a business page for where I work that I maintain, plus a "community page" for my photography. On both, I can still "like" other business or community pages, but I can't like personal pages (which, I don't think I ever could) AND recently, I also haven't been able to message individuals from my business page, which has been a HUGE inconvenience, and is something I definitely used to be able to do.

But FB's general policy is basically that if it seems like the majority of users are, overall, happy with the layout and how things are working, it means it's time to change it all. :lmao:

on your business page at the top right you have that asterisk, hit that and choose to use facebook page as your business. once you do that you should be able to pick a business site and like it. i just did it and it works. but you have to make sure you change how your using facebook, with the little asterix/star thing. and it is just for other business/professionals. not standard users.

sm4him I have always thought it odd that you cant message out like that. only reply to people messaging you. I'm wondering if facebook just wanted to keep it so people "businesses" wouldnt just start sending out mass messages to people.

A fan page can LIKE another fan page and comment on another fan page but cannot friend or comment on a personal page. LIKE me, DOIT NOW!!!

on your business page at the top right you have that asterisk, hit that and choose to use facebook page as your business. once you do that you should be able to pick a business site and like it. i just did it and it works. but you have to make sure you change how your using facebook, with the little asterix/star thing. and it is just for other business/professionals. not standard users.

sm4him I have always thought it odd that you cant message out like that. only reply to people messaging you. I'm wondering if facebook just wanted to keep it so people "businesses" wouldnt just start sending out mass messages to people.

That could be, but it causes huge issues for me, because even though we try to make it clear that our FB page isn't really the place for Customer Complaints or "emergency" questions (I need to cancel my LIFT appointment, which is in an hour...what time will the next bus be at such-and-such a stop...), I still get people posting those things on the wall. I used to copy and paste them into an email for our Customer Service Manager, then remove them from the FB wall and message the person to let them know that while their comment had been removed from the wall, it had also been forwarded to the appropriate person. It's just kinda annoying!

Facebook is a HUGE marketing tool. You are really doing yourself a disservice by not utilizing it. It is a FREE way to put your virtual business card in the hands of thousands of people that might not ever have a chance to see your work. It is so easy to share images on your business page and to create a network.

Facebook is a HUGE marketing tool. You are really doing yourself a disservice by not utilizing it. It is a FREE way to put your virtual business card in the hands of thousands of people that might not ever have a chance to see your work. It is so easy to share images on your business page and to create a network.
I am using it, but I am probably not using it to anywhere near the effectiveness I could or should be using it. Does anyone know of any GOOD tutorials or 'How to' 'sites for facebook for business (Yes, I know I can search it, and I have done so, but I'm not necessarily sure what is good and not so good information).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back