Liking likes and disagreeing with disagrees

We have something like that in school zones here. It's a camera tied to RADAR. If you speed, it takes a nice photo of you driving your car (with your tag.) When you get the copy and the bill in the mail, you get a frowny face.
Our state legislature had the chance to outlaw those revenue cameras, but the teensie weenies didn't do it. So we still have them.

We only have them at school zones and traffic lights. I'm for anything that will slow drivers down around lots of kids and keep them from blowing through red lights.
</ hijack>

The first time someone went back through my posts to give me a handful of revenge dislikes after a disagreement, I took it personally, even wrote to the staff about what the policy was for that sort of thing. They didn't even answer, indicating to me that they're just fine with it.

So, okay. It's not really that big a deal, nothing got bloody, I didn't lose any money or sleep over it, and there's really no sense complaining further or taking it to heart... The guy's mad at me. Big deal. Maybe now he feels better. Good on him.

After that initiation, now I just don't care. I use it when I disagree with something someone wrote, especially if it's just blatantly untrue or bad advice, and I get it used on me occasionally as well. Que sera, sera.

When I give it out, it's just a quick way to express disagreement without feeling any need of getting into the weeds about it and pulling up and shaking those weeds and flying dirt into each others' faces that all too often derails the thread into an argument between just a couple of members, the details of which are really inconsequential anyway. Instead it's just a way to signal, "I disagree. 'Nuff said."

I think it's also gonna say something after a period of time when most people have ratios that are heavily positive over negative, and just a few who have ratios that have way too many negatives compared to positives. Not gonna be too hard at that point to know who the helpful folks are, and who's just an ass that doesn't warrant much attention when advice and recommendations are being posted.

I got my disagrees the first days of the Change and they were funny, I smiled when I received notifications.

I did get one disagree that I thought was stupid because someone disagreed with me when I wrote that I don't see anything particularly interesting in his photo. How can you disagree with me if I don't like your photo!?
Anyway, I ignored that person for a while and then one day in another thread he said something and I said something...and he undid it.

I really don't care about disagrees and I rarely use that button, can't even remember when I did that... but... if there weren't any ratings I would never known that I occasionally say something that people find funny.

Haters gonna hate... lovers gonna love... I don't even want... none of the above.......

Oh great. I just got my eye to stop twitching and then Mini had to go make it twitch again! :angry:

If we take the time to listen after disagreeing, (and many don't), we might just learn something.

With that in mind, let's discuss crop factors and lens distortion, RAW or JPEG, art in photography, rules of composition, filters and/or digital blending, DSLRs and/or mirrorless, how to give constructive critique (rather than abrasive criticism), the need for high quality lenses for quality images, and so on and so forth...

:)

8c1c4e67f569b39e86647ad4705fd702.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back