Lillian

shes adorable. i love the processing on it. my only nitpick is i feel like the crop is strange.. her eyes are pretty center in the frame vertically and it bugs me for some reason!

Little bit of cropping and its ready to be framed. Good job!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotographyForum app

It's noisy, the composition is off like Bonnie said, she's not smiling, there is hair in front of her eyes and there is just way too much deadspace.

Yes, I am joking about all of this. I really like the processing as is. For sure an adorable young lady.

Why is it so gray? You have almost zero information in the first 30 some lightness values. I'd bring up the bottom levels to make black black here (Tried it myself in photoshop and think it looks a lot better, but will not post since you request no edits)

I really like this (but then again, I really like 99% of your shots), but I think it could use a touch more contrast. I'm a fan of contrast.

Also, looks like very shallow DOF? How did you shoot it?

Why is it so gray? You have almost zero information in the first 30 some lightness values. I'd bring up the bottom levels to make black black here (Tried it myself in photoshop and think it looks a lot better, but will not post since you request no edits)
just a phase I'm going through I guess :)

more contrast (also a lot more crap in the background LOL):
$6W2A3041.jpg

edit: Please open attachment...color looks horrible small! :(

Last edited:
I prefer the first edit. I'm not totally against that type of editing style, seems too be sort of popular.

Really cute girl!

Sent from my iPhone

I really like this (but then again, I really like 99% of your shots), but I think it could use a touch more contrast. I'm a fan of contrast.

Also, looks like very shallow DOF? How did you shoot it?
Thank you :) It is very shallow. I shot it at 2.2 which I usually wouldn't do but since I'm shooting every day now I'm trying new things to challenge me ;). The other day I got this awesome shot of my son at 1.8! I was so proud of myself :) But he was very still (watching TV) so I was able to get a really good plane of focus.

14|30 ~ 25|365 [wide open] by paige_w, on Flickr

I prefer the first you posted over the higher contrast one.

By subtracting black in the first shot, you soften the image a little, which goes with her gentle and dreamy expression. The higher contrast takes away from that and adds something more emotionally ambiguous, which is also interesting, but I don't think you're really after that.

Cute kids! :)

Ooh I like the lower contrast one more too. The higher contrast one is so dramatic.

Most reactions

Back