Limestone house

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
51829586069_1a036dc8f0_b.jpg

Looks like it could have an interesting history to it. Wonder how long it has been empty.
It's on a little island in the Mississippi River in Iowa. A place called Sabula, where I grew up in a kind of Huck Finn environment. About 55 years ago, it was the residence and office of the town's doctor. It was one of the first houses built in that community, by a wealthy merchant ca, 1846. It's had some residents since, but no one really took care of it. It deserves better.

It's on a little island in the Mississippi River in Iowa. A place called Sabula, where I grew up in a kind of Huck Finn environment. About 55 years ago, it was the residence and office of the town's doctor. It was one of the first houses built in that community, by a wealthy merchant ca, 1846. It's had some residents since, but no one really took care of it. It deserves better.
Thanks for the history. Shame to see it in the condition it is in.

Er, turns out, this was Mrs. Barbarian's image. We share the same Flickr account, and sometimes, we forget whose is whose.

Nice image and cool old house!

I think there's a little purple fringing going on, especially in top left corner? An easy fix in software :)

Most reactions

Back