Link back to Flickr

Pinus strobus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using flickr to put photos on the web, also so I can post photos on TPF. In flickr's guidlines you are suppose to post a link back to the website if you post your photos elsewhere, like on this website.

I have seen a few people on here who a link in their signature back to flickr, and I was wondering how I do that. Thanks for your help.

I link each photo back using this:

http://www.byroniverse.com/flickr_me.php

just copy the html code from the 'sizes' page paste it into the big box, push the 'translate code' button, copy that small line of code and paste it into this window. voila, instant linked image.

It would be much easier if the forum would just accept html in posts. Then all you have to do is copy and paste.

Another way to do it is this, go to the flickr image page and choose an appropriate size of the photo. Under the html code, you have option 2, the url of the photo. Copy that text in your post bracketed with image tags...

From there, you can either link it to the same page as that sized photo, or select a larger size. Highlight and copy the url of the actual flickr page in the address bar. Back to the forum, you see the little world icon with what looks like a chain link or something above the text box you are typing in? That is for adding a link in the thread. Highlight the line you wrote with the image tags above and hit the icon for adding a link. Paste the url of the flickr page in the popup box and hit OK.

That displays the small size image and makes the image clickable back to the flickr page. Tough to describe it here at work without any graphics programs to do screenshots for visual. But it is easy and quick to do, probably much easier and quicker than going to yet another website for the html to BB code conversion.

Result is this. Small image file shown in post and it links to the larger size on flickr......

Most reactions

Back