Linkedin Profile Picture

Aim12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I want to take a picture for my profile for my linkedin account. I have a tripod. I also have good natural light. I was thinking of hanging a blanket or sheet as the background. Maybe use a mirror or something to reflect light if needed? The picture doesn't need to be perfect, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Something that represents your personality.

It all depends on what your line of work is, and what your goal is for Linkedin.

Are you an office professional? Go with the background.
Are you an outdoors type? Take the shoot outdoors.
Are you a creative type? Put the mirror behind you and reflect your camera/lighting setup in the mirror next to your headshot.

just have fun with it, I say.

Why not simply go outside on a nice, overcast day? Choose a scenic background and set the camera up on a tripod and you're done. Even, diffuse light, nice scene...

Ok thanks. Good suggestions and some things to think about.

What looks to the eye to be good available light usually is not enough light for the camera.

A white reflector, like a white sheet, opposite where the available light will be coming from will work better than a mirror.

If you opt for outside on an over cast day be sure the sun is less than 45° above the horizon and that you face where the Sun is. That will minimize the chances of dark eye sockets (raccoon eye) which would give you a sinister, hungover, or drugged out look.

You don't show a location on your profile, but for a Linkedin profile photo I would recommend having one made by a chain studio or local professional photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back