Lions, Scarecrows, and Tin Men, oh Munchkin!

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here is my first people shoot since the end of November so it was definitely a nice change of pace from school!

In all that time where I was not photographing, I was looking at lots of photo work though and ran across Martin Schoeller and was rather inspired with his eerie lighting and unique style.

For the headshots, I definitely did NOT achieve even close to his style, but was inspired a bit with the lighting and I was actually really happy with how versatile it was. From 4 foot something individuals to the 6 foot tall scarecrow the lighting was consistant. Yay!

Feel free to critique. I was not allotted enough time to do any 'character' shots, so most of these are to showcase the makeup more then anything, and my posing was quite... bad. It was essentially industrial style - "stop over here, sit down on the stool, face me *click* - off to get your mics!" But hey it was still fun!

... photos removed so i can keep track of where they are going :)

wow, wow and wow. The witch seems a bit out of place in this series, but that's because she's more up close. I think you did a great job and the poses are perfect for showing the make up craftmanship.
Could you tell me a bit about the lighting set up?

pascal

yes, the lighting is way to technical for the witches makeup. im sure it looked great on stage or whatever, but these photos are too pure. she cant hang.

Oh the water takes care at smoothing out her makeup later :lol:. Apparently she is now green for the actual performances I would have to agree that it isn't exactly advertising material for the school ;). (Oh, I do have one with the same crop as the others, no worries :D)

My lighting set up was a simple three light. Here is a picture of a practice run (ignore the reflector. I has going to try to create some hair light, but didn't have anyone to hold it so ditched that idea) The lights were 'boomed' up to 60" (somewhat higher then the are here) and feathered alot

2334620834_485f40e9ef.jpg

No problem!

Well, three days later I am officially done editing - a few 2am nights and early mornings really increases the quantity of the product - 275 to be exact!

Excellent shooting Brittany, very well done :thumbup:

Thanks Arch :)

They do such an amazing job for all being 14 and under! Over 2.5 hours of lines are memorized and presented - I can't even remember a 2 minute speech with cue cards :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back