lions, tigers, and raw files oh my!

ricitius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep, the title says it all. I thought I was set with my copy of CS2 and cam, but I just found a way to make all that I have useless. My E-410 has its own type of RAW file, .ORF (Olympus RAW File?). I've been researching online, and it turns out that Adobe acquired Raw Shooter's company. Anyone know how to deal with .ORF files?

Thanks a bunch.

Well your version of Photoshop is compatible with Adobe Camera RAW 3.7. Unfortunately, your camera isn't listed as one of those supported by Camera RAW. It is at version 4.1, but that's only compatible with CS3.

You could try downloading and installing 3.7 though and just checking whether it will open your RAW files, as the E-400 is listed. I guess there's a chance the RAW file format is the same. Here's where I do the bit about it being done at your own risk. Shouldn't hurt anything though.

Thank you kindly for the link. I quickly searched for the OS X version of the update, installed it and then was disappointed. Yep.

One thing is for sure, I cannot believe how unstandardized these RAW formats are. You would think it wouldn't be so.

Most reactions

Back