Lips Parted

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital. Done without flash, just lighting from a lamp.
Yes, after an extreme computer crash, and an extreme case of photographer's block, I have returned.
I have been taking my photography on a more intimate and sensual turn, therefore alot of it won't be posted here...cuz well..its not really allowed....anyway about this
I want to know if the beauty in the lips is brought out enough and if maybe I should adjust the color.
Liplines.jpg

hello dramadork,
There is a lot to like about this shot, epecially if you are trying convey a message about sensuality. I really think you got the lips well here, what i like about it is that lipstick isn't perfect - and the shading on the face makes the alluring.

My only complaint would be to remove the light source to the right, as its a slight distraction from the main subject here - it can burned/cloned out out easily enough.

thanks for sharing this - perhaps you can share your other shots if you put a warning label in the headline?

There have been much more 'risque' shots than what you have posted here. Don't be afraid to post them, so long as you put a "not work safe" warningin the subject.

i really like your soft lighting on this one (no flash! :D), it adds alot of depth to the shot. i would recommend dodging up the hair a bit on the right, and burning out the light source. I also think the necklace is unnecessary, so you can either clone or crop that out, whichever you prefer. unfortunately i'm not a fan of the lipstick...although yes it is 'different', it doesnt really help it at all, and in a way i think it detracts from the image quite a bit. It looks like a little girl was drawing on her lips with a crayon...and never fixed it. It just doesnt fit with the feel of the image.

Most reactions

Back