Liquifying 3/4

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Here is the original for reference. Download and play along.
bri_jenn_00088-1.jpg

Holy Cow.
Ok, I can't figure out to show you the rest.
But the first thing I did was take here to liquify and make her really really skinny.
I rendered back and cloned out my Photodisc,,,,,under her feet.
Then, yes, I did some dodging and burning in vivid light.
I also dodged the bride.
I did NJmans eye thing,
I also did "doll face"

Then I painted,

not that anyone cares, but i was helping jen's momma hold that door so it didn't squish the bride :) hehe. wish i could've got this shot as it is uhhhh-mazing!

Why is she standing on the photodisc ???

I also am wondering what the purpose of a photodisc is. And do you liquify everyone's waist as a rule, or is it just certain pictures?

Thanks!

It's just the reflector she's stood on I think. In the UK they generally go under the Lastolite brand in various shapes and sizes.

Whats Dollface? Thank you. You are always so helpful !

Dollface is an action in the Kevin Kabota Action Hero Series 3. It's a paint on version of the old masking layer/select/blur techinque for making skin baby soft and pretty.
I couldn't live without it, because you can change opacity with every brush stroke if you want. That way you get model beautiful skin, without it looking super obvious that you've "fixed" it.

Hope that helps!

I also am wondering what the purpose of a photodisc is. And do you liquify everyone's waist as a rule, or is it just certain pictures?

Thanks!

In bridals, I ALWAYS skinny them up at the waist, even if they are tiny to begin with. It's probably not needed mind you, but it's one of those things my brides always love having done.

Ok, I chose two for you.

Original:
bri_jennpro_20016.jpg

What was done:

First I cropped the photo to the size it needed to be so I didn't have to mess with extra pixels.
She thought she had linebacker arms (LOL) so I skinned up the upper arm. I skinnied up the waist as well. Then I stretched her neck to make it longer, and made her hair a tad longer too. All in liquify.
Then using several series of burning and dodging, I made the scene more colorful. This involved several burn/dodge steps and layers, some regular, and some with vivid light. She was then painted in "dollface". And that's pretty much it.

bri_jennpro_20016directions.jpg

How it turned out:
Jenniferbri04.jpg

Here is another:

Original
bri_jennpro_20011.jpg

What was done:
First came the crop. Then I removed my hand, as it was there to catch the flowers in case they fell. (Which they did) BTW, obviously the hubster took this photo.
Then, she got thinner arms and waist in liquify.
Then the customary "dollface" paintjob. And a slight edge burn.
And that's it!
bri_jennpro_20011dir.jpg

How it came out:
Jenniferbri02.jpg

How long does it take you to edit an entire wedding. You do some fantastic work and it looks really time consuming.

cindy, you really are a treasure - a star x thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!!

This is my first time posting/replying to anything on this site.... Can someone please explain to me how exactly to dodge and burn using vivid light? I have CS2. I tried out what I thought was the way to do it, but obviously I'm missing something. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back