baron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pixcafe.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
studio portrait of Lisa from Canada
What is the best crop ? advise please :)

I think I prefer the first one. Her elbow poking out the top of her head looks odd. Nice light and pose though.

i prefer the first one, she looks awkward with the crop in the second

I agree - the first is best. Very nice lighting on both.

I prefer the first one too, i love her hair and you're cutting that off in the 2nd one.

The first one is by far the better of the two.

#1 for sure....... but clone out the bra strap,

well taken portrait....first without cropping is best.

however i wud have got an horizontal cropping, first from just beneath the fingers....leaving more space in front....avoiding her bra strap.

All voted #1 :thumbup:
Thank all for critiques and comments ! :)

I would get rid of the visual distractions. Drop the arm which cuts the profile almost at the eye, drop the earings, change the clothes to de-emphasize the bony shoulder and skin, use the hair to de-emphasize the extremely long neck, cover the ear, and comb the hair.

Note that in a portrait, the body parts and jewellry, clothes etc. closest to the camera are what gets the visual emphasis. So here the emphasis is on a bony shoulder, very long neck, long ear lobe, the big earings and extremely long fingers. If that is NOT intentional, then the composition of the shot needs to be changed.

skieur

I would get rid of the visual distractions. Drop the arm which cuts the profile almost at the eye, drop the earings, change the clothes to de-emphasize the bony shoulder and skin, use the hair to de-emphasize the extremely long neck, cover the ear, and comb the hair.

Note that in a portrait, the body parts and jewellry, clothes etc. closest to the camera are what gets the visual emphasis. So here the emphasis is on a bony shoulder, very long neck, long ear lobe, the big earings and extremely long fingers. If that is NOT intentional, then the composition of the shot needs to be changed.

skieur
skieur : you absolutly right :)
you discribed my hesitation about the shot.
I was tried the remove long fingers by cropping, but it's not the best solution for the shot. OK, I'll change the composition next time.

Thank you very much :)

Most reactions

Back