Lithium batteries for my SLR

aras

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, So I have this SLR Minolta camera (it's not digital). The camera that I could not afford in the first place, is apparently more costly than I thought. I live in Canada and the batteries died so I wanted to buy new ones and at London Drugs, it's like 25$ (Canadian)! In the manual, it says I need 2 CR2 3V Lithium batteries. So is this how much it is supposed to cost?

I bought this camera a year ago, used up two rolls of film in the meantime and the batteries were already dead when I went to pick up my camera today. Do you guys know of cheaper deals? And how important is it to get the exact batteries specified in the manual? Lastly, how am I supposed to store these batteries to get the most out of them?

Sorry that's a lot of questions for a first post but I hope you can help me out. Thanks a whole lot:))

i think i have a camera similar to yours, because i think my batteries are the same, but as i recall, i bought them here (in the US) for around 10 dollars? if i recall... you shouldnt need to replace batteries in those cameras very often though unless you're talking lots of pictures...

The outdoors supplier Le Baron (www.lebaron.ca) has Streamlight brand 3V Li's for 5 dollars a pair. They have stores in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa, otherwise mailorder.

Thanks a lot guys for the tips. Much appreciated. :heart:

Shorty where do you buy your batteries in the US? I am making a trip to US in a short while....

Also if you think you might go a year without using the camera (or even a few months), it might make sense to take the batteries out. I have camera that uses them (Pentax MZ-5) and it goes through them with relative ease...

Dave

Also if you think you might go a year without using the camera (or even a few months), it might make sense to take the batteries out. I have camera that uses them (Pentax MZ-5) and it goes through them with relative ease...

Dave

Thanks for the advice. Where do you keep them when not using...for instance, in a dark place or airtight container...etc?

I don't really loose too much sleep about it, I just keep them in my camera bag somewhere that they won't make contact with other metal things (in case a circuit was somehow formed). BTW I definitely second the others' recommendations to shop around on price, $20 is waay too high but I've seen those kind of fluctuations from place to place. Find somewhere cheap and buy a couple of sets from them.

Dave

Most reactions

Back