Little balinese girl dancing in the dark

I don't get it. I think the best picture in this set is the boy in the canoe. What's the story with this one?

Yikes. That's kinda creepy.

I don't get it. I think the best picture in this set is the boy in the canoe. What's the story with this one?

Thank you for your comment kanuski. This little girs was a balinese dancer and was repeating her dance under the stage before to go on the stage. But I'm interested by the visual, not a story.

Might be a cultural thing. :)

I think that the problem with this image (if there is one) is that without your description of what's going on, the narrative may be lost on us. The shot is somewhat distinctive; but not enough for me, at least, to overcome the confusion. I would have preferred more clarity and less mystery.

I think that the problem with this image (if there is one) is that without your description of what's going on, the narrative may be lost on us. The shot is somewhat distinctive; but not enough for me, at least, to overcome the confusion. I would have preferred more clarity and less mystery.

Thank you for your comment Murray Bloom! I understand what you mean, but as I said to Kanuski, I'm interested by the visual side of this photo, not the narrative. Maybe this picture works better when seen in the full serie "Many children from far east".

Thank you for your comment Murray Bloom! I understand what you mean, but as I said to Kanuski, I'm interested by the visual side of this photo, not the narrative. Maybe this picture works better when seen in the full serie "Many children from far east".
I agree with Murray Bloom on this. The visual would be much more appealing and visually pleasing with a little more of a narrative that doesn't need to be explained.

Technically I feel that there is too much negative dark space in this shot compared to any actual visible detail. This really throws off the composition of the shot for me.

I agree with Murray Bloom on this. The visual would be much more appealing and visually pleasing with a little more of a narrative that doesn't need to be explained.

Technically I feel that there is too much negative dark space in this shot compared to any actual visible detail. This really throws off the composition of the shot for me.

Thanks for your comment DanOstergren. By "Technically" I think you mean "Composition"? I think it was is interesting in this picture: so many dark and just a little light with the little girl... Sure, you can do in a more conventional way, but there is never only one solution and it's fine to look for something different sometimes.

Thanks for your comment DanOstergren. By "Technically" I think you mean "Composition"? I think it was is interesting in this picture: so many dark and just a little light with the little girl... Sure, you can do in a more conventional way, but there is never only one solution and it's fine to look for something different sometimes.
No, by technically I am referring to the technical aspects and skill behind the photo. It's underexposed to me causing a severe lack of visual detail, and the composition is off in my opinion because there is a ridiculous amount of underexposed negative space to the point that it takes away from your subject. It's slightly interesting, but nothing I would find myself ever viewing more than once by choice.

No, by technically I am referring to the technical aspects and skill behind the photo. It's underexposed to me causing a severe lack of visual detail, and the composition is off in my opinion because there is a ridiculous amount of underexposed negative space to the point that it takes away from your subject. It's slightly interesting, but nothing I would find myself ever viewing more than once by choice.

Thank you for your comment. It's not underexposed, it was the night and it was completely dark and black.

Thank you for your comment. It's not underexposed, it was the night and it was completely dark and black.
I'm giving you my feedback and opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

I'm giving you my feedback and opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

Of course...

Most reactions

Back