Little Blonde High School Senior

Memorylanephotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a casual shot from a recent photo session with this little lady. She is graduating high school and on her way through life. I just wanted to share with you.

View attachment 43021

I think I'd prefer to see her hands.

This.

On top of that the pose looks to be incredibly forced and unnatural. I'm also assuming you used popup flash without checking the exif.

Yea, not fond of this pose for several reasons. Do you have any other poses that you would like to share?

It feels slightly overfilled, too. The background, while not *dark* per se, feels a little, um, dingy?

The pose has problems, but I do love what it does with her hair.

I've just cleaned this thread up - no further discussion on the removed topic. Keep your comments polite and respectful to each other and your criticisms of the photo constructive in nature.

Good moderating, overread...I was just at this thread, and the comments you snipped were ALL deserving of moderation!

As to this young lady's portrait...the lighting does seem a bit unsatisfying on the whole. I'm not exactly sure what the best course of action would be, after the fact. Perhaps changing the foreground/background lighting relationship, in one of a few ways? Burning down the background? Lightening up the background? Maybe pulling the exposure downward, then using digital fill light, the re-adjustuing the blacks?

I think I'd prefer to see her hands.

This.

On top of that the pose looks to be incredibly forced and unnatural. I'm also assuming you used popup flash without checking the exif.
The nearly centered pin light in her eyes supports that assumption, as does the harshness of the light, and the lack of any shadows on her face which diminishes a sense of depth.

As a professional product, I would strongly suggest consigning this to the circular file and offering the client a complimentary re-shoot. Between the busy and unattractive background, the awkward pose/composition, and the less than flattering light, this image, IMO, does not make the grade.

Most reactions

Back