Little Hipster

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.timothymillerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a bunch of pictures tonight. This little girl was just a natural and a pleasure to photograph.

$IMG_5702.jpg

oh my gosh, LOVE her big smile in this one.

I really like this photo... The newspaper background is a really nice touch.

Her eyes are oversharpened... and the highlight on the cheek is way bright! I would like to see the original...

oh my gosh, LOVE her big smile in this one.
Thanks! I got several of her smiling like that. Looking forward to editing!

I really like this photo... The newspaper background is a really nice touch.
My wife thought I was crazy when I started gluing newspaper to a piece of plywood. She still thinks I'm crazy.

Her eyes are oversharpened... and the highlight on the cheek is way bright! I would like to see the original...
I did no sharpening to the eyes. I did a 3.5 pixel high pass filter to the entire image.

She is a cutie, nice shot. I like the newspaper back.

The eyes look fine to me, but the hair that cuts right through the middle of the left one does not. A little cloning/healing/etc to get rid of those out-of-place strands.

The whites in her hat and top are kind of blocked up. The top's not really an issue, you're going for a "high key" thing here. I would see if there's something to be done about the hat, though. If you had a RAW that you could extract a tiny bit of texture from just for that area, I think it would improve it slightly.

This is very nice, though! Well done. The hat's a quibble, nobody's looking at the hat.

The whites in her hat and top are kind of blocked up. The top's not really an issue, you're going for a "high key" thing here. I would see if there's something to be done about the hat, though. If you had a RAW that you could extract a tiny bit of texture from just for that area, I think it would improve it slightly.

This is very nice, though! Well done. The hat's a quibble, nobody's looking at the hat.

Thanks amolitor - I'm going to see if I can pull some texture in from the raw file.

Well done! Great job on the hat! I find that sort of 'quasi HDR by manual blending' to be really hard to get looking nice, so, respect!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back