little indians. kidding. kind of.

A bit blue

Thanks! I actually went through setting a custom WB on these when they were shot and even still warmed them a tiny bit in post. My monitor is not what it used to be after having to get repairs done recently ;\ I'll see what I can do.

Oh so cute!! How many dumdums did you go through? ;)

These do look really 'cool' to me, as well.

The second set looks much better imo. The first set is way too bright and slightly blue, as has been mentioned.

this looks like a more normal color and wb to me.
something is off in your monitor if these don't look super bright and way too blue.

I think the best is #3 but shooting at 2.8 gives a terrible narrow dof.
The textures are missing but the info reports no flash, was this in the deep shade?

$10386443383_0af6893a95_olllll.jpg

these were in the shade, yes.. sun was behind the subjects.

I'm not sure why people think shooting into the sun is a good technique (although it seems to be popular online and people seem to be learning it) but your camera is probably reading that sunlight coming from the background directly into the camera, rather than the light that's in the area of the tent. I think shooting into the sun could throw off your exposure.

It's probably the kind of thing I've learned over time, but I learned that shooting into the sun isn't the best way to take a picture. I can see where it could work for a backlit photo but seems like it would be more effective used sparingly and for a specific purpose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back