little lucy

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my friends beautiful daughter Lucy.. comments & critique always appreciated. x jem

lucy.jpg

great! love the two teeth

Oh, I like it. It's different and beautiful. :)

Love this. Her eyes are gorgeous. So sweet!

The bg is a little distracting...but after looking at it for a second, it becomes second to those beautiful, blue eyes :)

I do like that you got away from the traditional boring backgrounds.

thanks guys... i knew that not everyone would like this one with the effects i put on it but decided to put it up anyway! i really liked the original (hard not to with a bub like her!) but am playing around with texture layers to come up with something different. basically, i desaturated the pic, brought back the amazing blue colour of her eyes, brought back the colour to her cheeks and lips then added patterned layers. i have been working on a few of these... i guess i would like to offer my clients something on top of the standard portrait. what i'm planning, is calling them 'contemporary art images' and offering them printed on canvas only, then having the canvas custom-framed with a frame to compliment that particular design. i have been getting great reactions from non-photographers so was interested to hear your views. x thanks, and please keep the comments coming. x jem x

i have been getting great reactions from non-photographers so was interested to hear your views. x thanks, and please keep the comments coming. x jem x
That's what is important!
As photographers, we all tend to pick apart the technical short comings of each others shots. Don't get me wrong, that's how I learned!
But, once you understand the basics (which you do) and are able to work outside the box, you will get that unique group of customers that don't want their images to look like they were shot at K-Mart :D

I wish that everyone of my customers wanted super high key or extra grungy work. I'd be a very happy man :p

The background tends to be distracting but I like it. Nice portrait. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back