Little Owl

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Shot on a visit to Alnwick Castle in August, only got a couple without distracting backgrounds (people walking past) or kids sticking hands in frame to stroke them
bang.gif
So quite pleased with this one. It's took me months to get round to processing from that day and I've got shots of the other birds that were on display which i'll post once i've processed them.

owl1.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

great pic. Sharp, good colors and a nice background too.
These are really tiny birds, so you can shoot with a small F-number, they are always totally focused :lol:

I'm a sucker for owls but even if this were a hamster I'd have to say it's a great shot, nicely composed and great focus...Well done!

Thanks guys appreciate the comments!
These are really tiny birds, so you can shoot with a small F-number, they are always totally focused :lol:
Well even at f4, as you can see by the tail and parts of the body it's not TOTALLY focused but that's what I went for and as long as I got the eyes......I'm happy.
Ken.

Lovely picture, but I think f/4 is a bit low - it would be alright if the feet were not in focus as it distracts from the eyes. How about blurring them!

Most reactions

Back