Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
eichhrnchen1.jpg

eichhrnchen2.jpg

These European Red Squirrels (smaller than their American grey or black counterparts) are extremely skittish and in no way near as tame as the American squirrels are. I had to take these through the glass of the back door. And as soon as it saw me behind the door, it was gone in a flash.

He is so cute! I love the ear tufts! And that tail! His tail is much more full than his gray relatives also. Really nice shots. You're lucky you are able to get a decent photo through the door glass, my house has old glass in the windows and it has a bit of a cloudiness to it which really makes it impossible for me to get shots of the birds and squirrels at my feeders.

Well, I feared the fact that my windows aren't the cleanest for most of the time would show much, but thankfully if doesn't ;) ;) ;).
The European Red Squirrel is a lot smaller than its American cousin, too, and yes, aren't their tails and ear tufts cute? :lovey:

awww a red!
and no tail clipping at all - not a single hair missed :)
lovely to see on running around wild - we get so few in the UK these days :(

what kind of camera did you use to shoot these? great stuff.

Just my Rebel XT and the (faulty :( ) Sigma DG Macro 70-300mm... Nothing special.

Nicely done! You really get a sense of how skittish and alert it is by its posture. (Sooo cute too). And the colour is gorgeous

lol thats what kramer from seinfeld would look like if he were a squirrel

Most reactions

Back