Little White Church on a lake

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Across the lake from this little church is a locally famous spot to shoot early morning when the lake is covered with mist. That didn’t fit into our plans but we took a drive over there midday snd lucked out with amazing foliage colors and a completely still lake when the breeze suddenly died off.

I like the 16x9 of this one. Still a ways to go for peak color on the mountain behind the church but the surrounding trees were very vibrant and colorful.

Little white churches by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Winners all, but I really love #1

Winners all, but I really love #1
Thanks I really appreciate your taking a look and commenting. Saw your Flickr comment too but didn’t have a chance to reply at the time. Yes - I’m totally in love with the xt2 and how easy it is!

Thanks I really appreciate your taking a look and commenting. Saw your Flickr comment too but didn’t have a chance to reply at the time. Yes - I’m totally in love with the xt2 and how easy it is!
I had a brief fling with an X-T20 (your camera's little brother), and I loved the colors. My favorite photo, ever, was taken with the little Fuji that could. The ergonomics were just a bit contrary to my Nikon experience, and I never found a way to sharpen without causing those odd artifacts, so I jumped onboard with the Z6 when Nikon finally got mirrorless right. Being a bit nostalgic about the Fuji, so I just checked ebay, and wow- they hold their value well!

You and the X-T2 are a perfect pair! Well done.

I had a brief fling with an X-T20 (your camera's little brother), and I loved the colors. My favorite photo, ever, was taken with the little Fuji that could. The ergonomics were just a bit contrary to my Nikon experience, and I never found a way to sharpen without causing those odd artifacts, so I jumped onboard with the Z6 when Nikon finally got mirrorless right. Being a bit nostalgic about the Fuji, so I just checked ebay, and wow- they hold their value well!

You and the X-T2 are a perfect pair! Well done.
Yes the used ones get scooped right up. I lucked into one at my local camera store so I have a back up now.
Beautiful shot with amazing colours.....
Thank you Jeff.
just like from photography books .... especially #1
Thanks! NH in fall is picture book perfect.

Beautiful! Makes me think of a nice, brisk walk in a chill Autumn air, and then a mug of hot cider afterwards.

Peaceful scene.

I feel this set is slightly under exposed - an easy fix in Photoshop

Boosting the exposure by 1 stop gives a greater dynamic range and more vibrant colours

I will ,of course remove this if you don't like it

Original
yVBjbGZ.jpg

3 min edit

83kydHQ.jpg

Les :)
Thanks for the input. I still prefer the darker image because it was an overcast gloomy day and that’s how I want to remember it. I also think the colors are better when they’re darker, especially when viewed on a large screen. You’re welcome to leave the edit up - I’m curious what others think?

Thanks for the input. I still prefer the darker image because it was an overcast gloomy day and that’s how I want to remember it. I also think the colors are better when they’re darker, especially when viewed on a large screen. You’re welcome to leave the edit up - I’m curious what others think?
I've come to the sad conclusion that ever since PS, photos aren't about developing picture's accurately, but developing them to the taste of each and every individual so since that's an impossibility and no one seems to realize it, it's like you're suppose to know how they like their pics, there's only one person you need try and please and that's you. If you feel you processed the pics to represent that scene accurately then you hit the mark and that's all that matters.
I have to be honest and say I am a little disappointed .......... I was hoping to see Michael Landon next to the little white church on the pr ...... lake. :excitement:

I've come to the sad conclusion that ever since PS, photos aren't about developing picture's accurately, but developing them to the taste of each and every individual so since that's an impossibility and no one seems to realize it, it's like you're suppose to know how they like their pics, there's only one person you need try and please and that's you. If you feel you processed the pics to represent that scene accurately then you hit the mark and that's all that matters.
I have to be honest and say I am a little disappointed .......... I was hoping to see Michael Landon next to the little white church on the pr ...... lake. :excitement:
Don’t kid yourself, photos (especially landscapes and portraits) have always been about processing to please the artist and not for accuracy. PS has just allowed the masses to do with digital what the few could do in a darkroom.

I always process to my own taste but I’m also open to suggestions for improvement. Sometimes with exposure it’s a matter of screen brightness or screen size. I use a large screen to edit and sometimes details that I can see disappear when viewed on a phone or small tablet or a device that’s set at a dimmer backlighting. If I’m sharing a photo then I want to know what others see, even if in the end I choose to please my own eye.

I think we're on a different wave length. I'm comparing PS to film roll days when the average person didn't develop their own pictures. Most people just did their best with their camera's and chosen speed of film and hoped the "Photo Booth" lab did a good job of developing "thier pics" so it has not always been about processing to please the artist unless you believe those people or their machines behind the scenes working in the photo labs cared about your pics as much as you did. I couldn't count the number of pics that were poorly processed over the years. I stand by my statement.
Also, many people do try to reproduce their pictures as accurately as possible because they liked how everything looked to their naked eye ....... ( "I still prefer the darker image because it was an overcast gloomy day and that’s how I want to remember it." ) :wink-6:

Boy, oh boy. Mars & Venus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back