Live Band Photos

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All,

I took some shots of a live band that played at a local bar this weekend. Shooting conditions are obviously less than optimal. I learned some things to try next time fromanother thread I posted here in the Q&A forum.

Here is a couple of shots I came up with. Quite a bit of brightness and contrast editing has been done to account for the smoke filled atmosphere and low lighting level.

Critique is more than welcome and I would love to hear it.

1) Bass Player (not real sure what the bright spots at the bottom of his leg are)

1-99pmp_030.jpg

2) Lead Vocal and Lead Guitar, Drummer in Background (was really hard to get ANY shots of the drummer)

22-99pmp_065.jpg

3) Bass and Lead Guitars Jammin together and havin a ball

46-99pmp_093.jpg

Thanks for lookin. The entire series can be seen in my personal gallery

I'd say these turned out very well. These are nice exposures, no hot spots and the skin tones are great.

You have caught some good action here, too! I think those bright spots on the bass player's leg is glare from some kind of metal clips. Dunno.

And you actually caught a view of the drummer's face; the drummer is always the band member left out. :lol:

Nice work!

terri said:
I'd say these turned out very well. These are nice exposures, no hot spots and the skin tones are great.

You have caught some good action here, too! I think those bright spots on the bass player's leg is glare from some kind of metal clips. Dunno.

And you actually caught a view of the drummer's face; the drummer is always the band member left out. :lol:

Nice work!

...and sometimes prefer it that way :)

nice work on all of these...definitely having a good time! the spot looks like reflective stage lighting...but who knows. at least someone's playing a gibson! ;)

got any more????

These are excellent captures. Shooting live bands in such a dark environment is quite hard. Ya did well here.
Being a drummer. We had people come out and take promo pics of our band. More then half the time, the photographer would show up with the finished product, and there would not be one pic of me. The ones he did get....all you see is this big drum set...and no me.:band: <<jam on smiley guys. :lol:

Love the emotion that you caught in the last one. Very nicely done!

you did very well, i concur with what others said, its TOUGH getting good exposures at shows! what kinda music do they play? the singers attire is... interesting haha, but i guess i cant say anything, my friends bands wear girl pants!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back